Happy Father's Day Grumpasaurus Card

Happy Sunday Guys,

I've spent another lovely weekend crafting - and avoiding housework, oops! Anyway, I thought I'd share a couple of my creations with you all. The first is a Father's Day card - well, better late than never I guess! I used one of my favourite stamp sets from Paper Smooches - Cuteasaurus. I love the quirky dinos. They're lovely bold images and are perfect for paper piecing, so I gave it a go with scraps from my stash. Hope you like the finished result xx





Spotlight on embossing powder.

I wanted to create a guilded effect on my card so I used a combination of gold and sparkly things from my stash.

I started with Dovecraft gold embossing powder. I used Versamark ink to prep my surface and, after sprinkling on the powder, I set it using my heat gun tool.

Next I added fine and chunky gold glitters to add texture.

List of products used:

  • Neenah Solar White Cardstock
  • Various paper scraps from my stash
  • Versafine Ink
  • Versamark Ink
  • Paper Smooches Cuteasaurus stamps
  • Gold Sequins from my stash
  • Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins
  • Cricut gold glitter cardstock
  • Stampin' Up chunky glitter in Champagne Glass
  • Elizabeth Craft Designs glitter in Desert Gold
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Foam Tape
  • Glue dots
  • Mama Elephant Sew Fancy Creative Cuts die
  • Mama Elephant Polaroid Fun Creative Cuts dies

So I've decided to enter my card into this months Paper Smooches challenge - the theme is Men! If you fancy joining in then click on the image below to head straight to the blog post:




No comments