Have an Otterly Great Birthday Card

Hi again,

So I'm back with my second card of the day. I made this one for the Lawnfawnatics Watercolor Challenge. I used the Otter image and sentiment  from the Year Five stamp set as well as some other images from my Lawn Fawn stamp collection - which is growing all the time as they make some super cute stamp sets. Hope you're managing to make some time for creating this weekend. Enjoy xx






 Spotlight on using Ranger Glossy Accents to create texture.

It was really difficult to capture the effect of this in a photo, but basically I created a watercolour scene using distress inks and, once it was dry, I spread an unaven layer of Glossy Accents along the 'river'. It's much prettier in person - it gives a shiney uneven surface that looks a bit like water.

I even added some sparkle with my Zig Wink of Stellar clear marker.
Here's a list of everything I used to create my card - more-or-less anyway!:

  • Neenah Solar White yardstick
  • Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Die
  • Lawn Fawn Year Five stamp set
  • Lawn Fawn Hello Baby stamp set
  • Lawn Fawn Critters in the Forest stamp set
  • Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends stamp set
  • Lawn Fawn Gleeful Gardens stamp set
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Foam Tape
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Salty Ocean, Mown Lawn, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon & Peacock Feathers
  • Copic Markers
  • Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins
  • 6mm irridescent sequins from my stash
  • Momento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Versafine black ink 

So if that's got you in the mood for joining in with the challenge then click on the image below which will take you to the challenge blog post for everything you need to know:

As for me, I'll be back either later today or tomorrow to share my planner spread for nect week. See you soon xx

4 comments

  1. This card is so sweet and magical. Thanks for haring this awesome card. Best of luck for challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this card just makes me smile! It's so beautiful and cute at the same time! I love the fun technique with glossy accents, such a clever idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete