You're One of a Kind Card

Hi

So for my third and final card of the day, I made this cute pastel number for the My Favourite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I have to say I think this is my favourite of the three cards - mostly due to the pink fluffy girliness of it, as well as getting to try out a new watercolour technique which was fun. I used the Magical Unicorns stamp set from My favourite Things which I just can't get enough of:




I'm a bit of a watercolour newbie but after watching many many Youtube videos on watercolour clouds a decided to give it a go. Thankfully the ink and water mainly did all the work and I was pretty pleased with the end result - not quite a master painter yet though, sigh! Love it? Hate it? Let me know in the comments below xx

 Spotlight on Copic marker techniques to create texture.

I had lots of fun taking part in the copic coloring online card class a couple of years ago and so I used one of the techniques for this card. I wanted to create a kind of dappled/textured effect on the unicorns body, like you see on some ponies. I used the lightest colour of warm grey and then the clear blender pen to create the textured effect over the top.

The materials I used to create this card were as follows:
  • Hero Arts A2 card blank
  • Neenah Solar White cardstock
  • Ranger watercolor cardstock
  • Anita's Crafts White Vellum
  • Cricut white glitter cardstock
  • Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies
  • Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners die
  • Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Border dies
  • Paper Smooches Clouds dies
  • Memento Tuxedo Black die ink
  • Versafine Black ink
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink Mermaid Lagoon
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink Picked Raspberry
  • My Favourite Things Magical Unicorn stamp set
  • Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins
  • Pretty Pink Posh Watermelon sequins
  • Pretty Pink Posh Marshmallow sequins
  • Pretty Pink Posh Aquamarine sequins
  • Ranger Glossy Accents


Wanna play along? Click on the image below which will take you straight to the blog post. But hurry as the deadline is tomorrow:

2 comments